Legal Assistant Cover Letter
Legal Assistants provide support to lawyers and complete various administrative tasks. Examples of Legal Assistant duties include gathering information, determining precedents, drafting legal documents, answering to client questions, taking phone calls, handling correspondence, greeting guests, and performing basic accounting tasks. The information they provide to clients must be non-advisory.
Cover letter examples for Legal Assistants should demonstrate the following qualifications:
• Strong research and writing skills
• Communication and people skills
• Organizational abilities and planning
• Attention to details
• Integrity and maintaining client information confidential
• Customer focus
• Dependability and self-motivation
• Computer competences
Similar skills are displayed in the Legal Assistant cover letter available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Legal Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Alford:
Upon review of your posting for a Legal Assistant, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With comprehensive knowledge of legal principles along with my commitment to providing exceptional client service and achieving organizational goals, I would significantly benefit your legal team in this role.
From conducting in-depth legal research and preparing case files to analyzing client information and preparing synopses for supervising attorneys, my versatile background has prepared me to excel in a role supporting legal operations. With a solid foundation in the fundamentals of legal strategies, my excellent communication talents, my resourcefulness, and my time management capabilities position me ready to thrive in this challenging field and to broaden my skill set within your firm.
Highlights of my background include:
- Achieving comprehensive knowledge of core legal principles while excelling in an internship position and honing my skills in legal research, case preparation, and client service.
- Communicating with district attorneys, judges, police officials, and clients to establish collaborative working relationships.
- Leveraging superior organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills to greatly contribute to legal projects and complex cases.
With my finely honed skills in general legal support, accompanied by my core strengths in legal research, court interactions, and client service, I am well positioned to vastly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Brad S. Beasley
123 Main Street, Stateland, ST, 99999
Home: (555) 123-9876
December 18, 2013
1095 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10018
Finance and Real Estate Paralegal
Dear Hiring Manager,
If you are searching for a highly efficient and self-motivated Paralegal to successfully support the day to day activites of your Attorneys, I have the qualifications ideally suited for a position with Dechert LLP
My experience in paralegal operations, drafting and filing motions, case management, procedural compliance, client relations and team leadership within the legal profession coupled with my adaptability and determination, will certainly make me a valuable asset to your team. I have demonstrated the ability to perform and coordinate large-scale paralegal functions in an efficient and productive manner, while maintaining exemplary standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
Enclosed is my resume. Some of my key strengths include:
- Demonstrated capacity to complete and improve legal administration processes, analyze complex issues, manage/motivate teams and attain major administrative goals.
- Productive contributor to team projects and self-managed tasks, with the ability to consistently deliver multiple concurrent projects within strict deadlines.
- Gifted communicator, adept at forming strong relationships with clients, employees and management at all levels.
My salary requirements are negotiable based upon the position and the overall total compensation package, including benefits, however my requirement are in the $43,000.00 to $50,000.00 range. have attached my resume for your review and I look forward to speaking with you further regarding your available position.