20 Intriguing Persuasive Essay Topics for 5th Graders
Understanding what makes a good persuasive essay
In order to come up with a good topic for a persuasive essay, it is important to think of a theme that has at least two different sides to it. Therefore, you can argue your point of view in an attempt to persuade the reader that your conclusion is the most valid.
Sometimes it can be good to go for a controversial topic; however, this is not always necessary. It is perfectly acceptable to go for a topic which you feel strongly about, even if it isn’t risqué. In fact, it does not even need to be a topic you feel strongly about, particularly as sometimes you may need to be arguing for the opposite side.
What is the difference between a persuasive and an argumentative essay?
If you are wondering what differences there are between a persuasive and an argumentative paper, then essentially there are none. They are both the same style of writing and the names are interchangeable; therefore, whether you are asked to write a persuasive or an argumentative paper, the approach is the same.
Twenty topics for a persuasive essay
The following is a list of titles that can produce good quality argumentative or persuasive papers:
- Should boys and girls play on the same teams at sport?
- Should schools allow students to bring pets in with them?
- Cats are better pets to own than dogs
- Should teachers use computer games to help with teaching in schools?
- Should computer games be seen as a form of sport?
- Should schools served deep-fried food and other unhealthy options for lunch?
- Should bullies be expelled from the educational system?
- Short hairstyles look better than longer cuts
- Is baseball not as appealing as it once was?
- Students should be rewarded for doing well.
- Should schools increase their revenue by selling sugary soda drinks and candy?
- Should cheerleading be considered a sport?
- Should school students be given less homework to do?
- Being skilful is more important than working hard.
- Should schools separate boys and girls in classes?
- Should schools allow students to snack whilst in class?
- Should schools begin morning classes later than they currently do?
- If students have to wear uniforms, should teachers also follow a similar dress code?
- Wearing school uniforms helps to improve the performance of students
- Should tablets and laptops be used instead of traditional school textbooks?
Any essay that you write should be well-written, accurate, and interesting to your audience. That begins with finding a great topic for your essay. Check out our list of the best essay topic ideas. You should be able to write a great essay about gaming with one of these topics. If you struggle with it, you can always buy essay about video games.
Topics on Social Issues
The topic of video games comes up quite frequently when various social topics are being discussed. If you are taking classes such as sociology, public health, political science, or journalism, your essay might focus on the many social issues relating to video games. Writing essays on violence in games is always an option, but there are others as well. Here are a few topic ideas:
Persuasive Essays Related to Social Issues
- Do Violent Games Cause Behavior Problems?
- Convince readers, in an essay about violence in games, that the average person will not be affected in a negative way.
- Should video game ratings systems be more stringent?
- Are parents ultimately responsible for what their kids play?
- As a society, do we unfairly blame video games when we should be focusing on personal responsibility?
Narrative Essays on Video Games And Their Impact on Society
- Write about a video game that you played as a child that was too violent for you
- Have you ever been addicted to online gaming? What was that like.
- Talk about an incident of harassment that you witnessed when playing online video games.
- Write essays on violence in gaming and the impact of that in early dating relationships
Expository Essays on The Social Impact of Video Gaming
- Write a short essay on the impact of video gaming on health and wellness
- Compose a research paper that addresses the effects of allowing young children to do violent video games
- Write a case study about a young adult who has never been exposed to video games vs. one who has been
General Essay Ideas That Relate to Social Issues
- What should be done about sexism in gaming?
- How can the gaming industry become more inclusive as a whole?
- Why is sex and violence such a common theme in video games?
- Does early exposure to video games impact the ability of children to self-regulate?
- What are the biggest social problems related to gaming?
Video Game Essay Topics New Technology
If you are an avid gamer, you probably keep up with the latest technologies, reading specialized magazines, and eagerly await the latest and greatest releases. You may have even been part of beta testing new things or involved in open source gaming projects. Most importantly, you likely have lots of knowledge and opinions on gaming technology. Check out these essay ideas:
Persuasive Essays on Gaming Technology
- Will virtual reality impact video game technology or is it simply a fad?
- Which release is causing the most buzz?
- Streaming will replace consoles, yes or no?
Expository Essay Ideas on Gaming Technology
- Pick an up and coming technology and explain how it works
- Explain the history and development behind an upcoming technological advancement in video tech
- Discuss the trend of gamers as designers
Other Video Technology Essay Ideas
- Write a compare contrast essay on virtual reality in gaming vs. augmented reality
- Write a review of a new gaming system that you have recently tried out.
Topics About Educational Games
Persuasive Essays on Video Games in Education
- Should children spend more time focusing on lectures and hands on work than gaming?
- Argue which educational video game parents of toddlers should choose
- Video games have no place in education. Argue a side
- Is gaming a possible solution when dealing with disengaged students?
Expository Essay Ideas For Gaming in Education
- Explain how gaming is used in special education
- Describe the features that make a game educational vs. entertainment
- Research and explain the process educators use to integrate gaming into the classroom
Other Educational Essay Ideas
- Review the most popular educational games that have been released this year
- Write a paper about the differences between educational games today vs. 10 or 20 years ago
- Write a case study about a school that incorporated gaming into their classrooms
Essay Topics For Passionate Gamers
If you don’t find anything that interests you above, don’t fret. You can still improve your writing skills while expressing your passions for gaming. If you have an interest in gaming, you have many options when it comes to writing essays. This is especially true when it comes to classes where you have a bit more flexibility in your writing assignments. Check out these topic ideas:
- Write a descriptive essay about the first gaming experience you have had
- What are your predictions about the future of console gaming
- What is the funniest thing that happened to you in an online gaming experience
- What 10 worst things that impact the world of video gaming be opinionated!
- Compare and contrast the first release of a video game with the most current
- If you could invent a video game, what would it look like
- Write a review of the most popular game available today
Remember that you must balance your passion for the topic of gaming with good writing skills and factual knowledge. However, there is always an option of buy essay from a different online source or a writer. You will still have to research, cite your sources, and do the other work that goes into writing a good paper. As always, if you need help with a gaming essay remember that we are available to help as we are top essay writing service. Happy gaming!
Posted by: Natalie
The blogger and writing expert for GetGoodGrades.com
Read more about Natalie →Read Natalie's posts →